Technopathy is the ability to control and manipulate electronics with the mind.
- Micah Sanders, Edward Killian, Christiana Killian and Pulse are the only character known to have this ability.
Micah's power of technopathy seems to work with or without contact with electronics. He has been able to access the technology of broken items as well as working items. He describes his power as talking to machines. He can identify even the slightest signals in technology and uses electronics around him for tracking purposes.
Micah manipulated traffic signals without touching them in Powerless, but he was also using Niki's cell phone to track Monica's at the time. In One of Us, One of Them, he also controlled a computer without actually touching it. However, his hand was only a few inches away from it. He seems to have developed enough control over his ability to control systems at short range, but he needs a communication device to affect more distant systems.
In Cold Snap, Micah demonstrated that he can order various systems to do things through his cell phone. This is similar to what he did with the traffic signal, but these are more complex systems. He was able to trigger an alarm for poisonous gas at Union Station, and he ordered the fire-suppression system to set off the sprinklers, using his phone to relay the commands.
Micah has used this ability to hack into various systems from an unknown distance and perform various functions. His ability also allows him to bypass even the strongest government firewalls with ease, as seen when he hacks into Operations twice within 3 days. (Cold Snap) He however has to get "into" the system beforehand.
In Rebellion, Part 5, Micah was able to reach out to and program a crane to hit Eric Thompson, Jr. shortly after waking up from being tranquilized. The crane wasn't in Micah's immediate vicinity, but it was within his line of sight. Within seconds, he also contacted the rest of Rebel and added Thompson to every "ten most wanted" lists across the country.
- Micah solders a circuit-board. He appears to have an innate understanding of the physical wiring and mechanics of electronics. (Genesis)
- Micah receives a $2,000 laptop from his grandfather. Within minutes, Micah dissembles the laptop, appearing to know exactly how the machine works. (Six Months Ago)
- In an interview, Bryan Fuller said that Micah's powers allow him to communicate with electronics "like R2D2".
- Peter has been in close proximity to Micah (How to Stop an Exploding Man), but has not displayed this ability.
- Heroes Interactive says that Micah's "power gives him control over almost anything electronic or electrical."